Why just listen to a webinar? Join a virtual hands-on workshop!
Winter Workshop Session Registrations open on Dec. 1, 2022.
- African American Genealogy | Discover tools and tips for compiling and furthering the family histories of African American ancestors. [Skill Level: Beginner – Intermediate]
- 8 Sources to Expand Your Slave Research | Researching the lives of American slaves can be an onerous task. Consider these eight sources for additional documentation of enslaved people. [Skill Level: All]
- Researching Cemeteries & Death Records | Discover how to research ancestral burial grounds and various death records effectively to aid the family tree. [Skill Level: Intermediate]
Computer & Software
- Working with RootsMagicTM: Foundations | Need help organizing family facts, photos, and original documents to tell the stories of your ancestors? Learn how to set up RootsMagic and start recording your research. [Skill Level: Beginner]
- Compiling Your Genealogy With RootsMagicTM | Keep ahead of your genealogy research, photos, and documents with this user-friendly family tree program.[Skill Level: Intermediate]
- Leafseeker Scan-A-Thon & Photo Organizing | Do you have lots of photos stuffed in a box aching to be seen? Join us for an afternoon of photo scanning, organizing, and other tips to get your photos prepped and digitized for sharing with the family! [Skill Level: All]
Community History & Preservation
- Reviving Communities Through Genealogy | Genealogists facilitating community heritage projects & cemetery preservation [Skill Level: All]
Methodology & Skillbuilding
- PJ Genealogy: Researching Ancestral Records From Home | Stuck at home but yearn to find your ancestors’ documented origins? Discover research tips and strategies to continue family history from your sofa. [Skill Level: Beginner – Intermediate]
- Strategies In Genealogy: Moving Beyond the Basics | Finding yourself stumped after launching a family history project? Learn how to plan a research strategy and make use of alternative sources that can move along your genealogy. [Skill Level: Intermediate]
- Decoding Historical Handwriting | Interpreting old documents can make research difficult. Learn a few tips on reading historical handwriting. [Skill Level: Intermediate]
Self-Guided & Mini Sessions for the Busy Family Historian
- Timesavers for Weekend Leaf Seekers: Genealogy Tips to Keep You On Track | [Skill Level: Intermediate] – 1 Hour, Self-Guided
- Weekend Leaf Seekers: Citation Hacks – 20 minutes, Self-Guided
- Weekend Leaf Seekers: – 20 minutes, Self-Guided
- See On-Demand Sessions
Nonprofit & Society Management
- Restructuring Societies for a Healthy, Active Membership | Is your society waning? Restructuring the group may encourage and motivate growth in membership and volunteers. [Skill Level: All]
- Restructuring Societies: Recruiting Leadership & Retaining Engaged Volunteers | Is your society’s leadership dwindling? Consider fruitful systems to retain and inspire leadership from current and future members. [Skill Level: All]
- Finding Your Path Using FamilySearch | FamilySearch has a new facelift! You need a new approach to using its resources. Join this workshop to help tackle this digitized repository of records online! [Skill Level: Beginner – Intermediate]
- Probate Records for Family Historian Workshop | Probate records hold a wealth of clues regarding the rich, poor, or transient ancestors. Learn how to access and evaluate probate case files for family history. [Skill Level: Beginner – Intermediate]
- Up & At ’Em: Researching Records In-Person | Online research leaves a lot of records yet to be uncovered and published in digital form. Let’s dive into local repositories and the record collections that warrant a real-time visit. [Skill Level: All]
Sharing the Family Tree
- Planning Family Reunions & Get-Togethers | Memorable family gatherings start with a bit of preparation, a dash of family history, and a pinch of creative sharing. Discover avenues to host a family reunion that commemorates family lineage. [Skill Level: All]
Yearning for more?
Network with fellow researchers at an upcoming Leafseeker Roundtable!
Request a presentation session for your group!